Regional Dalit and Adivasi students Workshop at Chandigarh, New Delhi and Patna
Insight Foundation in collaboration with other organisations and various university centres is organising a series of Regional Dalit and Adivasi Students Workshops across the country.
In this series, we have already organised a two day workshop in Chennai on 29-30 January 2011 in collaboration with an organisation Velicham, Chennai.
60 Dalit and Adivasi students from 12 universities in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry participated in our Chennai workshop.
Now we are organising similar workshops in three other cities - Chandigarh, Delhi and Patna involving Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties from respective regions.
1. Chandigarh Workshop
Date: 26 -27 February
Venue: ICSSR Hall, Panjab University
Number of participants: 60 Dalit and Adivasi students and Faculty members from Punjab and Haryana
This workshop is being organised in collaboration with Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (Panjab University) and Ambedkar students Association.
2. New Delhi Regional Workshop
Date: 5-6 March
Venue: Indian Social Institute, Lodi Road, New Delhi
Number of participants: 60 Dalit and Adivasi Students and Faculty members from Delhi, Western UP and north Madhya Pradesh
3. Patna Regional Workshop
Date: 12-13 March
Venue: Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Patna Science College, Patna University
Number of participants: 60 Dalit and Adivasi Students and Faculty members from different part of Bihar.
This workshop is being organised in collaboration with Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (Patna University)
Apart from these three workshops, Insight Foundation is working towards organizing similar workshops at
In collaboration with local organisations and universities centers. These workshops will be organised in the second half of the month of March and early April, this year.
Objectives of the regional workshops
- To build strategies for networking among our students and faculties so that our students are able to achieve academic excellence through creating various support systems for themselves within and outside University system.
- To discuss on the implementation of various government measures and policies within Universities and colleges for the benefit of our students like SC/ST Cells, reservations in admissions and faculty recruitments, scholarship schemes, bank loans, remedial courses etc.
- To discuss on emerging policy changes in higher education and its impact on Dalit and Adivasi privatization in higher education, higher education bill and self-financing courses.
- Documenting individual expediencies of Dalit and Adivasi students.
Work Shop Schedule
Day I :
Ist Session (9am -1pm) - Sharing by participants about their expereinces at local campuses /colleges / universities
IInd Session (2pm -6pm) - Discussion on efficacy of Various Government Provisions for the benefit of Dalit and Adivasi students
Ist Session (9am -1pm) - Discussion on emerging policy changes in Higher education and its impact on Dalit and Adivasis
IInd Session (2pm -6pm) - Creating support systems through self-help/ community help and networking among students and faculties
After conducting all 8 regional workshops, Insight Foundation is going to bring out a public report based on the deliberations held, documenting the experiences of Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties in Higher education in India.
1. The students participants coming from different parts of the state will be provided to and fro fare.
2. The accomodation and food for all the participants will be taken care of by the organising team.
3. Intrested Dalit and Adivasi students and faculties who want to participate in these three workshops at Chandigarh, New Delhi and Patna, Kindly get in touch with us at 09313432410 (Anoop), 09999599876 (Gurinder) or at our helpline (09999484249) or can mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org