Exam: All India Engineering/ Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
For admission to: Degree level courses in Engineering and Architecture in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of information Technology (IIITs) Centrally Funded Institution, Deemed Universities and Institutions in States/ UTs (other than those covered by Joint Entrance Exam) State Level Entrance Exam. List of participating institutions would be available in due course on www.ccb.nic.in.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible .
- SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates, who were born on or after October 01, 1982, are eligible.
- Candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or HSC Vocational Examination or a pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects or 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (See Appendix IX).
- BE/ BTech applicants must have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics, and any one of the optional subjects Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, and Biology.
- For BArch/ BPlanning candidate should have passed class 12th with Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10 + 2 level.
Entrance examination would consist of two papers:
- Paper I (three hours duration) would consist of three parts of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of equal weight age with objective type questions for BE/ BTech courses in offline/ online mode.
- Paper II (three hours duration) consists of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing for B Architecture and B Planning in offline mode.
The Aptitude Test is designed to evaluate candidates perception, imagination, observation, creativity and architectural awareness.
There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted.
In the online mode (computer based) AIEEE would be conducted in two shifts for BE/ BTech. The online examination would be conducted in the cities mentioned in Appendix-VI.
The pattern of question paper and duration of online examination and offline examination would remain the same. Candidates will be informed by various modes about their centre and shift of online examination.
The question papers for the Examination shall be based on a common minimum syllabus drawn from syllabi taught in different State Boards. This is given at Appendix III of the Information Bulletin available online at www.aieee.nic.in
Form: Online submission of particulars at www.aieee.nic.in.
Deadline: December 31, 2011 (online registration) / January 5, 2012 (receipt of completed form/ Confirmation Page with Bank Draft by Registered Post/ Speed Post only by The Assistant Secretary, AIEEE, PS1-2, Institutional Area, Patparganj, Delhi-110092).
Exam date: Offline on April 29, 2012 and May 7-26, 2012 Online only for BE/ BTech.